E6 message indicates some interference with the engine's ability to pull the belt.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Is the belt moving freely with no noise and properly aligned?
- Is the weight of the user significantly exceeding 265 lbs?
- Is the unit on a flat surface? (remember, the unit will not function as it should on a thick rug/carpet). To check if your Treadly is on a flat, balanced surface - press the back rail with your foot and see if there is any movement. Your Treadly should be firm on the ground and not shifting or tilting.
- Did you recently align the belt? You may have over-tightened it.
- Is your unit connected directly to the outlet (with no extension cord, without "sharing" the outlet with more electrical devices)? Try a different outlet as well.
- Lubricate your belt
If none of the above helped you to resolve the issue, most likely a foreign material was ingested into the motor through the air vents, preventing optimal operation.
If the issue is not resolved, please contact our customer service for further assistance.