E5 message indicates some interference with the engine's ability to pull the belt.
- Is the belt moving freely without any noise and properly aligned?
- Did you recently align the belt and over tighten the belt?
- Is the user within the weight limit (up to 265 lbs)
- Is the unit on a flat surface? (remember, the unit will not function as it should on a high/thick/plush rug or carpet). to check if your Treadly is on a flat, balanced surface - press the back rail with your foot and see if there is any movement. Your Treadly should be firm on the ground and not shifting or tilting.
- Is your unit connected directly to the outlet (with no extension cord, without "sharing" the outlet with more electrical devices)? Try a different outlet.
- There are rare cases that the infra-red sensors are not detecting the user's steps. When the sensors don't recognize that someone is walking on the Treadly, the unit will stop. Read more about it here (The article is for Treadly 2 users, but the troubleshooting is similar for Treadly 1 users as well)
If the issue is not resolved after following the mentioned steps, please contact our customer service for further assistance.